Pretty in pink at Peggy Porschen's

   Having seen this picturesque pink parlour all over my Instagram feed for well over a year, I knew a visit to this place was long overdue. With the promise of pretty cupcakes and the perfect floral backdrop, how could I delay it any further?



   Let us find out if it lived up to the hype...

   The unique exterior of Peggy Porschen's Cakes in Belgravia can be spotted right from the top of the street. It was painted pastel pink and adorned with a variety of violet, pink and purple flowers tumbling from the top of the door frame. 

   I was with my very good friend, Tuesday, and the first thing we did was line up to take pictures in front of the stunning entrance. The wait wasn't too bad, considering that it was a very sunny day, as there were only two groups of people in front of us. 

   We became acquainted with a lovely group of three girls from India, whose family had provided them with a list of beautiful places to visit whilst they were in London, hence why they took plenty of pictures. If any of you are reading this now, I really hope you are enjoying the city!

   Thankfully, I planned out the perfect outfit to match the aesthetic of the parlour with my statement piece being these pink paper bag trousers from Miss Selfridge. There's still a few left in the sale if you want to grab a pair!


   I usually feel extremely awkward taking blog photos in public and I'm still not used to the stares I get in the street. However, in this particular location, I found that the attitude was very different. With this being a very 'Instagramable place' - a norm of taking model-like pictures had been established, hence why nobody lingered in front of the entrance or paid attention.

I wish everywhere was like this!


   Inside the parlour was equally as pretty. It was furnished with flowers, marble tables and delicately wrapped biscuits and macaroons on display. To top it all off, there was table service! I had never seen a café quite like this.

   Me and Tuesday both ordered a bottle of French pink lemonade and a cherry chocolate chip cupcake each. Honestly, I expected the cakes to be sickly but they were quite the opposite. The cherry meringue buttercream melted in my mouth and the vanilla sponge was complemented by a scrumptious surprise of cherry preserve in the centre.

By the time I was done with that plate, it looked fresh out of the dishwasher.

Enjoying my cherry chocolate chip cupcake! Photo credits: Tuesday Dolan

   The French pink lemonade was very refreshing and flavoursome. Not going to lie, I did get a kick out of all the colours co-ordinating very well.

   The staff were incredibly friendly and the parlour provided for an ideal place to meet friends, take pictures, chat and enjoy tasty treats without any loud disturbances.

   Do I feel that it is overhyped on social media? Absolutely not. Not a single aspect of Peggy Porschen's Cakes let me down and, in my humble opinion, I don't think anyone should refrain from visiting just because it has proven to be very popular in the Blogosphere.

Is this a place you would love to visit or have you already been?
Let me know in the comments below!

12 comments

  1. I enjoyed your review of this very popular café spot, your genuine opinion was refreshing to hear and it seemed like you both had a good time! That cherry cupcake looks delicious too! :-) xx

    Helen | Helen’s Fashion, Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you enjoyed reading my review, Helen! I would certainly recommend that cupcake if you ever go.

      Meg x

      Delete
  2. Yessss girl! I too have seen this pretty pink place absolutely everywhere over the past year or so and although I’ve always wanted to go, I put it off as it seems it was just too common. You’ve now inspired me to go and pay it a visit and I’m glad there’s no awkwardness when taking photos under that beautiful flower arch! Well done for your awesome colour coordination by the way! Well planned ☺️ Xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed reading your comment, Lozza, thank you so much! I’m really glad that I’ve inspired you to go - we should never hold back on things we love to do simply because everyone else is choosing to do it! Can’t wait to see your pictures too 😉 It makes me very happy that you appreciated the colour co-ord as well 😏

      Meg x

      Delete
  3. I'm dying to visit this place. Despite it's popularity, it still looks really relaxed and a nice place to have a moment to yourself. Plus, pink lemonade and cupcakes are a totally winning combination.

    I'm loving paper-bag trousers and culottes right now! They're so comfy and flattering. That dusky pink looks gorgeous on you XX

    Laura | www.laurahasablog.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I thought it would be quite crowded but it was lovely and peaceful. Everyone just wanted a nice quiet chat with their friends and take pretty pictures. We all waited our turns to take pictures and everyone appreciated the aesthetic - loved the atmosphere!

      Thank you so much! I’ve never appreciated paper bag trousers so much as I do now!

      Meg x

      Delete
  4. Mmm, cake yes please! This cafe looks lovely 😊
    Becca // www.beccasloveforlife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The cupcake I had was so scrumptious! I would certainly recommend this parlour, I'm glad that you agree that it is lovely!

      Meg x

      Delete
  5. I haven't been to Peggy Porschen's in SO long, but it didn't look anywhere near as summery and floral as this! I think I need another visit soon, especially for that cupcake you've got there..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I love about Peggy’s is that they change up their decor whenever the seasons change so it always gives you another reason to go back! The cupcake was so delicious, I hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

      Meg x

      Delete
  6. This place just looks ace! I know it is everywhere on instagram etc, but I still want to visit. The cakes look so yummy. You totally matched the decor...great planning!!
    Another place to add to my bucket list.

    Aimsy xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What I keep emphasising whenever I can is never to refrain from going to places you know you would love just because it’s popular! Why on Earth should you miss out just because other people - who have been before - now deem it as mediocre? Go enjoy yourself and share your fun with everyone! I would love to hear all about your experience. Thank you so much, I try my best ;)

      Meg x

      Delete