Instantly improve your instagram with these smart tricks

   Bored of your own Instagram profile? Not seeing enough engagement with your posts? Just two months ago, I felt exactly the same but, since then, I have completely changed up my content and noticed a huge difference in my growth



Now you can do the same just by making a few simple adjustments to your pictures...

   First of all - to give you an insight into how great of an extent I transformed my Instagram profile - here is a before and after screenshot


                    
   What a difference, right? The first thing you probably noticed was how dim and dark my pictures used to be and how they appeared very muddled without a clear indicator of what my blog is all about. 
Here is how you can change up your content in the same way I did:


Make your pictures brighter

   You can do this by increasing the exposure either on your camera settings or on an editing application after taking the picture. Afterwards, you can also use settings to remove shadows, increase highlights and adjust your contrast levels. In effect, this brightens up your feed and gives it an uplifting feel.

Make your colours pop

   This is integral to the uniqueness of your feed and what kind of mood you want to build with your pictures. Start with either creating a mood board of colours you want to incorporate into your photography or choose to focus on one colour or pattern in particular. In my examples, you can see that my focal point is pink.

   As for the next step, you can do one of two things. You could include these colours/patterns at least once in all of your pictures OR if you struggle to keep up a constant theme, take a bunch of pictures with a high concentration of a colour/pattern and space them out amongst the pictures that don't. The latter still creates the illusion of a constant theme without the pressure of making all of your pictures the same.

TIP: Most editing apps allow you to give your pictures a tint or adjust the appearance of your colours - particularly in Adobe Lightroom.



Know that your Instagram reflects your blog

   It is very easy to fall into the trap of posting for the sake of it as you haven't done so in a while but don't do it! I used to make the mistake of jumbling up my personal life with my blog content. This, in effect, made it very confusing to determine what my Instagram profile was for. I now ensure that my posts are strictly lifestyle with the occasional exception. 

   In short, people should be able to tell, just by glancing over your pictures, what your account is for.

Invest in flatlay props

   If you are fond of flatlays, this would be the perfect way to boost your blogger aesthetic! A little goes a long way here; focus on on your focal colours and patterns. What would accentuate your theme? I've yet to do this with my new theme but because my focus is pink and florals, I plan to invest by buying some artificial pink roses and some ribbon for my flatlay pictures. 

TIP: You can go into shops like 'Wilko' and grab some wallpaper samples or decorative paper that would make a great backdrop for your flatlays.

Use photo editing apps

   For some, the Instagram built in filters are enough but, when it comes to getting the lighting and colour right, you would definitely be better off using apps like Adobe Lightroom and VSCO. Snapseed has also been recommended to me by a number of bloggers but I have yet to check that out - I will get back to you on that one! 

Did you like this post? Be sure to pin it on Pinterest by hovering over this image!

Have you tried any of these tips or tricks? Have I missed any?
Let me know in the comments below!

21 comments

  1. Thank you for these tips as I don't really know what I'm doing with my instagram yet so far!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome! I really hope you found them useful. Not to worry, I'm still learning as well!

      Meg x

      Delete
  2. It's crazy how much better photos look when you just increase the brightness!
    Great post x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, it blew me away! I'm glad you enjoyed reading my post :)

      Meg x

      Delete
  3. I'd like to start playing around with some photo editing apps for my instagram, I know a lot of people like the Lightroom app so I might try that one.

    Julia // The Sunday Mode

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would definitely recommend Lightroom! I’m using the mobile version at the moment because it is free but I’ve heard that the desktop version is well worth it!

      Meg x

      Delete
  4. Link in bio Instagram Very efficiently written information. It will be beneficial to anybody who utilizes it, including me. Keep up the good work. For sure i will check out more posts. This site seems to get a good amount of visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the blog post buddy! Keep them coming... top smm reseller panel

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enthusiastic words written in this blog helped me to enhance my skills as well as helped me to know how I can help myself on my own. I am really glad to come at this platform. Flat Lay Photography

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven’t any word to appreciate this post.....Really i am impressed from this post....the person who create this post it was a great human..thanks for shared this with us. Jensens Vac and Sew

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow this saintly however ,I love your enter plus nice pics might be part personss negative love being defrent mind total poeple , 인스타 팔로워 구매

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is also a very good post which I really enjoyed reading. It is not every day that I have the possibility to see something like this.. gosund smart plug

    ReplyDelete
  10. Professional hackers believe hacking to be an art form that is an expression of complete curiosity regarding computer systems. hire an iphone hacker

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for a very interesting blog. What else may I get that kind of info written in such a perfect approach? I’ve a undertaking that I am simply now operating on, and I have been at the look out for such info. insta private photos viewer

    ReplyDelete
  12. Womens cardigans, sweaters and more knitwear. Cashmere, merinow wool, alpaca, mohair. Sizes XS - XXL. Free shipping Worldwide. cashmere long cardigan

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kiwi Browser APK is a fast browser for Android with extensions support Download the latest version of this browser for iOS & Android. Kiwi Browser Apk

    ReplyDelete
  14. Royal Tangkas is one of the favorite agile gambling games because it has a simple and fast style of play. royaltangkas

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome to the 389Sports real money online idn poker site, we as idn play agents as the official online poker site always prioritize service and game quality for members when playing. If you are interested in playing real money idn poker gambling, poker uang asli

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome to the trusted official bolatangkas site 389Sports, this site provides the most complete variety of online agile gambling games ranging from bolatangkas, tangkasnet, royal tangkas, 88tangkas, tangkasgold, mickey mouse gambling, and tangkaspro. tangkas online

    ReplyDelete
  17. I read your blog frequently and I just thought I’d say keep up the amazing work! ทางเข้าเล่นคาสิโนufabetดีที่สุด

    ReplyDelete
  18. I am hoping that you will continue writing this kind of blog. Thanks for sharing this information. AMC CAT

    ReplyDelete