Summer goals for my blog

   I am a firm believer that setting small and manageable goals is essential for life, particularly when it comes to my blog. It's the small victories of achieving them that allows me to plough on through the hard work needed to build a successful blog!

   This is the first time I've written a post like this but I think it is important to share your goals with other bloggers and readers so people know exactly where you want to go with your content. This allows for the provision of constructive feedback.


My blog

   At the moment, my monthly views are averaging out at around 450 because I barely posted at all during my second year at university.

   I hope to build up my monthly readership again to around 1000 by the end of Summer and I will do this by posting every week and actively promoting my posts on social media.

Social Media

   I am going to be putting a lot of focus on social media during the summer because a large following is crucial to driving traffic towards my blog.

   For Twitter, I aim to reach 4500 followers, which would be a terrific milestone to achieve in the Summer. I aim to do this by contributing more in twitter chats, interacting more with other bloggers and taking part in follow threads as these have proven to be very helpful in the past.


   By the end of Summer, I would like to reach 2000 followers on Instagram. I would be quite amazed if I actually did reach this goal, given how difficult the algorithm makes it to grow on that platform. Again, follow threads are very helpful for this and I will also make more use of hashtags, locations and recommendations to build my following.

   I don't focus very much on my Bloglovin account so I believe a change is in order! By August, I would love to reach at least 200 followers on there, which would be a great start. I use Bloglovin a lot to keep up with my favourite blogs and many others do as well so this would be perfect for helping me achieve my blog goals.

Life

   My general goals are to be successful in one of my applications for an internship in journalism or public relations (I would scream) and to make a lot of progress in my search for a dissertation title. I have had a lot of trouble pondering on what I want to focus on and it is causing me a lot of worry. Thankfully, there is still time!

What are your summer goals?
Let me know in the comments below!

10 comments

  1. Great goals- goals are so good to keep us on track, and i love seeing how we progress from those we've set! Best of luck x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I’ll probably make a follow up post in September to let everyone know how I did; showing progress is equally as important and I find it so encouraging when other people do!

      Meg x

      Delete
  2. I love these goals! I would love to create more fashion content on my blog but I’m currently going through my weighloas journey and don’t feel comfortable doing outfit posts at the moment. My goal is to lose the weight by the end of summer and start doing some hauls/outfit posts for autumn/winter (as that’s my favourite season for fashion anyway)

    Would love to link up with other bloggers like one of your goals. As a fairly new blog I don’t know anyone else who writes one so would love to get more involved!
    Good luck with you goals :) x

    Www.lauraelizabeth.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m so glad you like my goals - hopefully, I’ll achieve them! Wow, that’s so cool; I’m really looking forward to seeing fashion content from you. It’s important to do whatever makes you happy so if it’s something you want to make a start on now, I’d say go for it! Autumn is such a great season for fashion 😍

      I would say twitter is the best place to find other bloggers! Go to bloggerstribe and you will find tonnes through there!

      Best of luck with your goals too!

      Meg x

      Delete
  3. Totally agree that setting small realistic goals is so important. I hope you manage to reach all of them. I definitely need to start taking part in more Twitter chats too, as they're a great way of talking to other bloggers. Good luck!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hopefully I will; I’ll make a follow up post on my blog in September to let you know how I get on!
      I would highly recommend getting involved with the twitter chats, especially #BlogosphereChat every Sunday!

      Meg x

      Delete
  4. These are great goals Meg! I'm always afraid to create goals because I'm scared of failing, especially when it comes to social media and my blog, so I go with the flow. lol but this post was really encouraging!

    Nikki O.
    http://www.herdaringthoughts.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! What I would advise is setting small and manageable goals so ones you are fairly confident you will achieve and then, depending on how you get on doing that, you can be a lot more braver with them! It will make you feel so satisfied having completed them and will motivate you more, I highly recommend doing it! I’m really glad you found my post encouraging!

      Meg x

      Delete
  5. Best of luck reaching all your goals! I think it's such a good idea to always stop, evaluate, and set new goals to reach :)

    http://skylish.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I completely agree with you. I’ll put a follow up post on my blog in September to let everyone know how I got on!

      Meg x

      Delete